21138Re: [civilwarwest] What if Johnston had replaced Pemberton at vicksburg?

  • aero1485@aol.com
    Apr 7, 2000
      I remember being taught (or it seemed like it) that the Civil War was fought
      for the freedom of slaves, and the Emancipation Proclamation freed them. It
      wasn't until 8th grade that I learned the truth and really got interested in
      the Civil War. Don't get me wrong, Lincoln is my favorite president, but the
      Emancipation Proclamation was a good way to work the system. However, we are
      not here to discuss politics in the East.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic