2110Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Fw: Help get out the vote! Email everyone you know and...

  • Dick Weeks
    Nov 7, 2000
      Jack, if I, or my moderators, jumped on someone for the first thing they did
      to break the rules (or at least bend them a bit) we would be a pretty poor
      lot. You will notice that I let some of the Eastern Theater posts slide a
      little too. I don't want any member of this group to be afraid to make a
      post for fear of being jumped on the first time they step over the line. If
      I, or my moderators, think that something is too far out or continues too
      long rest assured that one of us will react. I think if you remember, Pat
      (a moderator) made a post right after the offending one this morning which I
      thought was warning enough. Must have worked because I haven't seen it
      repeated. Anyway, I hope you and the rest understand what we are trying to
      accomplish with this group.

      By the way, if any of you are interested on how I feel about the election
      process you can check a little message board that Henry (our chatroom
      moderator) maintains for me. It is called "Shotgun's Morning Message Board"
      and while I don't use it nearly as often as I would like to you will find I
      did put up a post concerning the elections this morning. Rest assured I did
      not take sides. How I vote is private with me. However, how I feel about
      the process is public knowledge. Anyway, here's the link.
      http://www.us-civilwar.com/forums/db_TalkToMeV2.cgi?forum_name=shotgun
      If you have time, you might want to read a few of the posts I have made
      over the months. You might find some of them interesting.

      Now back to your regular programming. I just wanted folks to know that I
      read every message that comes from the group. Because I do not always react
      does not mean that I don't read them. My computer, because of the volume of
      mail I get, downloads my email every ten minutes.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com