21017[civilwarwest] Re: Gen. W.W. Loring's Division

  • Wayne Mulig
    Mar 5, 2000
      Dear Waldemar,

      Years ago I was doing some research on the 12th Louisiana Infantry, Buford's
      Bde, Loring's Div ... I have some info on Loring's movements from May 20,
      1863 to July 15, 1863 .... and in November 1863 Loring was at Canton,
      Mississippi ...then on Feb 5, 1864 have note that Loring crosses the Pearl
      River to Brandon (Mississippi ?)... next thing I have was May 4, 1864
      Loring's Div was ordered to Rome, Georgia ... If you would like me to type
      up sketchy notes for these periods with refereneces, please advise ... I am
      not sure whether you have the info or not...

      Also the 6th Mississippi of Tilghman's Bde is chronicled in H. Grady Howell,
      Jr, Going to Meet the Yankees: A History of the "Bloody Sixth" Mississippi,
      Infantry, C.S.A., Jackson, Mississippi: Chickasaw Bayou Press, 1981. Info
      gleaned from this book and contained in my notes are similar to that above
      ... would be happy to share that as well.

      I guess what I am saying is that I can compile my info on the 6th Miss and
      12th La for the period I refer to as the "Jackson - Mississippi Duty" Period
      of May 17, 1863 to April 1864 ... if you don't have it already. Please let
      me know and I will do so ...

      Wayne Mulig

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic