20192Re: Perryville article

  • slippymississippi
    Sep 2, 2003
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "hartshje" <Hartshje@a...> wrote:
      > Carl,
      >
      > Very good article. Sounds like Mr. H. Bottom wasn't much
      > impressed by the "glory" of war. I'm amazed at the detail
      > in this account, given that it appeared in a modern newspaper.
      > What prompted this article to be published in a Washington paper?

      Washington Times:Newspapers::FoxNews:Network News

      In other words, the Washington Times (owned and operated by the
      Moonie church, BTW) is more of a neo-con propaganda rag than a
      newspaper. I've seen some pretty wacky stuff there, and if some
      glassy-eyed acolyte starts a sentence with "Well, I read in the
      Washington Times..." I usually ignore everything that follows.

      That being said, they usually work a lot of good ACW material into
      their special interests section, and I'm not sure what the connection
      is... although I'm a little bit worried by the association.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic