1945Re: [civilwarwest] Forrest, Hood at Spring Hill

  • jim@gwe.net
    Oct 5, 2000
      > Jim, I too had heard that about Hood and Forrest. However, the only
      incident
      > I can find regarding something like this is with Bragg at Chickamauga.
      >
      > From Robert S. Henry's "First With the Most"......

      Thanks for the info, Colleen,

      I had read the reference to Bragg before, but the quote regarding Hood as
      "half a man" was given to me by David Stieghan, who is the Historic Sites
      Director for Maury County, TN, headquartered at Rappavilla. Apparently the
      quote, if real, was not said directly to Hood but to someone about Hood.

      Jim
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic