14892Re: Longstreet & Bragg at Chickamauga [was Bragg's order to Stewart...]

  • aot1952
    Dec 4, 2002
      Mr. Smith wrote-
      "If I were Bragg, I think I'd have had at least one trusted staff
      officer on each end of the battlefield; on the northern end, to
      ensure that the attack came off as planned, and on Longstreet's end,
      to provide assistance and help with the new guy. To the best of my
      knowledge, neither was done."
      Sadly by this time Bragg did not even have any staff officers that
      Bragg trusted or that trusted Bragg.
      Wakefield
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic