13673Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Price & MO supply line

  • Aurelie1999@aol.com
    Aug 29, 2002
      I've noticed that Missourians still see the war in personal terms, but even more importantly when they talk about it, their view of the war is confined to the narrow space of Missouri.  It's as though the broader landscape from Richmond to Vicksburg, from Lee to Grant, from railroads to the telegraph, from Greeley's Times to the refugees clogging Georgia byways were only secondary glitches that happened "over there" while the main force of the war was in Missouri.  Am I wrong?

      Connie Boone
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic