13462Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Grant's Integrity

  • Aurelie1999@aol.com
    Aug 8, 2002
      In a message dated 8/8/02 4:25:02 PM, josepharose@... writes:

      << Now, which of the two men, Wood or Grant, had been bending the truth
      (if not breaking it)? I think that the evidence heavily points to
      Grant. Because I think that he did so, I question his integrity,
      here and elsewhere. >>

      Mr. Rose,

      It appears to me that you cherry pick data to support your presumption that
      Grant was a worthless fool. Grant's contemporaries - even enemies - praised
      his integrity to the max. So how come that by standing in the dim hindsight
      of 150 years you are able to see what they did not see?

      Finally please explain why Thomas is incapable of standing on his own merit
      and can only be praised by faulting Grant?

      Connie Boone
    • Show all 267 messages in this topic