12362Re: [civilwarwest] Re: aot1952 - Stones River Question

  • lilsteve68@aol.com
    Jul 1, 2002
      In a message dated 7/1/02 8:39:45 AM Central Daylight Time, andyburden@... writes:

      IIRC, the interpretive sign at McFadden's ford claims that 1400 CSA troops
      fell there.  Don't have my books close at hand, but surely more than 1200 men
      were in Breck's division.  Perhaps Cozzens was referring to the Orphans?

      Yeah he must have been .. I been to the ford many of times  .. real peacefull there ..  Amazing the number of  causualties in about a hours time that occured  on that part of the battle  in the sleet and freezing rain..

      Steven
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic