11569Re: [civilwarwest] Re: / paroling and exchanging (was: THE BATTLE OF VICKSBURG

  • Jfepperson@aol.com
    Jun 3, 2002
      In a message dated 6/3/02 11:31:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Hartshje@...
      writes:

      > Just a sarcastic thought to add here: Since the Southerners claimed
      > that each of them was worth TWO Yankees in battle, did the
      > Confederacy insist on only getting one parolee exchanged for every
      > two Yankees exchanged? :) I rather doubt that!

      <smile>

      There actually are some comments in the OR about how much more
      valuable "our" men are to "us" than the enemy's men are to him. Of
      course, both sides make this kind of comment --- kind of like the
      typical Civil War skirmish: hard fought, confusing, and both sides claim
      victory!

      JFE
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic