11564Re: / paroling and exchanging

  • carlw4514
    Jun 3, 2002
      Another thought: if the problem was dishonesty regarding the paroles, why not
      stop that practice but continue the exchanges (ignoring the bean-counters)?
      That is, only exchange real prisoners. One would have absolute control, then: I
      release my 1000 prisoners to you when you release your 1000 to me.

      Carl

      --- In civilwarwest@y..., fishx111@c... wrote:
      > Carl
      >
      > As a monday morning quarterback ,it certainally would have been more
      > humanitarian, to have made POW exchanges. Certainally the POW camps were not
      > adequate,and with a little more foresight and planning conditions could have
      > been a lot better than they were.There was no excuse for some of the
      > conditions,ie Rock Island, ElmiraNY, Andersonville.
      >
      > I think at first the consensus was the war would be over in weeks or
      > months,not years.That being the case, there was no need to have adequate
      > Camps for that short of time frame.
      >
      > Neither side should feel good about their POW camps.
      >

      > Fish
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic