112[civilwarwest] Re: 5th Wisconsin Battery

  • Dick Weeks
    Oct 3, 1999
      Steve Charles wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I'm a new member seeking any info available on the 5th Wisconsin
      > Battery or any of it's members
      > Thank you
      > Steve Charles

      Hi Steve,

      I'm not sure whether you have Dyer's Compendium but there is a minnie
      history in there of the 5th Wisconsin Battery that is short but has a
      lot of info about their participation in the war. In the Official
      Records, I found 40 references to them in the various reports.
      Additionally, there are after battle reports for the 5th at the Battle
      of Stones River (Murfreesborough), The Chickamauga Campaign, The Atlanta
      Campaign, and The Campaign of the Carolinas. The 5th Wisconsin Battery
      has a record in the war that is long and proud.

      I can send any one of these or all of them to you. I am reluctant to
      send anything without first checking to see if you already have the data
      (Heck, I may have already sent it and just don't remember). If you need
      any of this, just let me know. I ain't hard to find :-)

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic