10259Re: What the historians say (Snake Creek Gap)

  • dmercado
    Apr 1, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., FLYNSWEDE@A... wrote:
      > In a message dated 4/1/2002 9:36:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,

      > JEJ was the overall commander, but the commanders at Tunnel Hill,
      >Rockyface, Rome, Calhoun, and Resaca had the responsibility to make
      >sure that their area of command would be protected and secure
      >without JEJ telling them what time to go to the outhouse.

      Wayne, I am trying to get a copy of a paper entitled "Why was Snake
      Creek Gap Left Unguarded?" by Wilbur Kurtz, Sr. I think he was an
      Atlanta historian and his papers belong to the Atlanta Historical
      Society. I sent them an email asking for a copy of this paper. Have
      you ever seen the paper? Best regards, Dave
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic