F.H. Farrar, Jr. & Thomas Prince Farrar

  • Scribee
    Message 1 of 1549 , Jan 2, 1999
      Frederick Hillsman Farrar, Jr. served in the
      Confederate Army and was killed at the Battle of
      Murfreesboro. His only brother, Thomas Prince Farrar, also
      served the Confederacy and was killed at the Battle of
      Port Republic. I would like to know the dates of these
      battles, the states where the battles took place (I
      believe Murfreesboro is in Tennessee), and the units the
      Farrar brothers served in. Many thanks and happy new
      year.
    • gen_garnett1863
      Message 1549 of 1549 , Feb 19, 2002
        Hey Peg, <br><br>Wow. Sounds like you've really
        got your family history down. Do you have any
        pictures or personal effects of your soldier
        ancestors?<br><br>The William Grigsby I found was in the 103rd Illinois
        but was killed in TN. Sort of ironic. I shot a few
        pictures of some of the old graves at the cemetery. I'd be
        happy to email you a copy of William Grigsby's marker.
        (I promise I'm not as dark and morbid as I sound!