Looking Missing Relative of the Civ. War

  • bethany31_1999
    Message 1 of 1549 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hi! I looking for some information on
      missing<br>realtive who never came back from the Civil War.<br>Family
      members never got word from the miltary on<br>what
      happened to him. They never got death certificate on him.
      He name was James Carr, he<br>was 16 or 17 when he
      volunteered for the South.<br>He was from the state of
      Virgina. His town was<br>Hardscrable but now is known as
      Piedmont, West Va.<br>Does anybody have any ideas where I
      can get some<br>information. Any help would be great.
      Thank you!<br>Good Luck with your research.
    • gen_garnett1863
      Message 1549 of 1549 , Feb 19, 2002
        Hey Peg, <br><br>Wow. Sounds like you've really
        got your family history down. Do you have any
        pictures or personal effects of your soldier
        ancestors?<br><br>The William Grigsby I found was in the 103rd Illinois
        but was killed in TN. Sort of ironic. I shot a few
        pictures of some of the old graves at the cemetery. I'd be
        happy to email you a copy of William Grigsby's marker.
        (I promise I'm not as dark and morbid as I sound!