Re: Fowler's in the CSA

  • Dennis_93277
    Message 1 of 1549 , Aug 3 7:34 PM
      Johnny Reb,<br>Looking through my papers
      regarding Fowlers, and cannot find all the information that
      I thought I had. Maybe it was on a lost gen.
      program I had. Anyway I did find a notation that Isaac
      Fowler, dob 10/08/1827 in Kentucky "almost perished while
      serving in the Civil War. He was rescued by Rhoda
      Darthula Calfee, later Samples." I remember reading that
      on of my Fowlers died in the CSA and at least one
      was very sick.
    • gen_garnett1863
      Message 1549 of 1549 , Feb 19, 2002
        Hey Peg, <br><br>Wow. Sounds like you've really
        got your family history down. Do you have any
        pictures or personal effects of your soldier
        ancestors?<br><br>The William Grigsby I found was in the 103rd Illinois
        but was killed in TN. Sort of ironic. I shot a few
        pictures of some of the old graves at the cemetery. I'd be
        happy to email you a copy of William Grigsby's marker.
        (I promise I'm not as dark and morbid as I sound!