update on Henry Clay Hunt 69th Indiana infantry there were two of them.

  • inline75067
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hi,

      I found Two Henry Clay Hunts in the 69th indiana infantry.

      after a month or so, of sorting out the 69th Indiana infantry, I
      found out that Henry Clay Hunt from Randolph county was the guy who
      was wounded at the battle of Richmond,KY. He was mustered out after
      he was traded for a rebel. He went back to Randolph county where he
      became became a doctor and lawyer. He married had kids and ended up
      in Oklahoma City around the turn of the century with his son Alonzo.

      My Great Grandfather was from Brown county Indiana.

      Henry Clay Hunt was in the 69th Indiana infantry in another company
      where he was never wounded and returned to his unit after capture
      several times. He was from Hamblen township in Brown county and
      joined the 69th in Randolph county. He married and lived in
      Newton,Ks. just before the land rush in Oklahoma. He was allowed to
      homestead property in Oklahoma city for his service to the Union. He
      was a 89er and lived in Bethany, Oklahoma with post 17 of the GAR.
      Who knows both may have been in the same Gar post. I have not been
      able to get this straight yet. He is buied in the Bethany Cementary
      across from the land he farmed after the land rush. The Wiley Post
      Airport ajoins the property.

      post note, as the other Dr.Henry Clay Hunt's father was Miles Hunt
      from Ky. I found that my great aunt was Maggie Myers and married a
      Dr.Miles H. Hunt from Indiana. They were all in the Oklahoma area at
      the same time.