Co. Sligo help

  • markpreston2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2003
      I recently took my father to Antietam and he told me a story about
      an Irish born Union officer who was court martialed for failing to
      give respect to a British officer. My father claims his last name is
      McGettrick, although I have failed so far to find out any
      information about this gentleman. He said that McGettrick was
      born in Sligo. Has anybody every heard of him? Or does anyone
      have any ideas on how to find out about this officer?

      Thanks for your advice and help,
      markpreston2004@...