Re: Union Records

  • johnnyreb1865
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 9:32 PM
      --- In civilwargenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff and Michelle"
      <jbowlesm@b...> wrote:
      > Where do I write to get the Union service records. I have been
      mainly working with Confederate records, which I can get at the
      Archives in Nashville. But they don't keep the Union, was told that
      was Federal. Could use some help, please!

      > Michelle

      National Archives and Records Administration
      8th & Pennsylvania Ave NW
      Washington, DC 20408

      You need to request a From 80, Civil War - one for each soldier
      When you get them, fill them out by Surname, First Name Middle
      Name/Initial, Rank, Unit Served In [IN 9th Cav, Co B, Union], send it
      in with your money [momey order or credit card #] - sit back and wait
      3-4 months

      OR

      Contact Broadfoot Publishing Company, 1907 Buena Vista Circle,
      Wilmington, NC 28411-7892
      910-686-9591 or 910-686-4816

      visit: http://www.broadfootpublishing.com

      Broadfoot costs a few dollars more but the turn around time is
      usually less than 2 weeks - this is the company I use and I have had
      extremely fine service from them - tell Page I sent you; won't get
      you a discount but they like to keep track of stuff like that.

      To get the proper layout of the name/organization, go to:

      http://www.soldiersearch.com/

      JR