Re: question for johnnyreb

  • johnnyreb1865
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In civilwargenealogy@y..., "dyallon" <dyallon@y...> wrote:
      > One more from my notes. William Morris, from Carroll County, GA.
      > This was the father-in-law of John Thomas Hearn.
      >

      > Thanks for all your help.

      Interesting. I put the name "WILLIAM MORRIS" in the search engine and
      out popped 296 names, the following from Georgia:

      Morris, William GA 11th Cav. Co.E 1st Lt.
      Morris, William GA 16th Inf. Co.B
      Morris, William GA 16th Inf. Co.G
      Morris, William GA 22nd Inf. Co.G
      Morris, William GA 28th Inf. Co.H
      Morris, William GA 36th (Broyles') Inf. Co.D
      Morris, William GA 40th Inf. Co.F
      Morris, William GA 47th Inf. Co.B
      Morris, William GA 4th Res. Co.K
      Morris, William GA 59th Inf. Co.D
      Morris, William GA Cav. 19th Bn. Co.D
      Morris, William GA Cav. 20th Bn. Co.B,F
      Morris, William GA Inf. 1st Bn. (St.Guards) Co.C
      Morris, William GA Inf. 1st City Bn. (Columbus) Co.C
      Morris, William GA Inf. 25th Bn. (Prov.Guard) Co.A
      Morris, William A. GA 16th Inf. Co.G Cpl.
      Morris, William A. GA 37th Inf. Co.E Cpl.
      Morris, William A. GA 63rd Inf. Co.C
      Morris, William A. GA Inf. 9th Bn. Co.B
      Morris, William B. GA 63rd Inf. Co.A
      Morris, William B. GA Lt.Arty. 12th Bn. 1st Co.A
      Morris, William C. GA 39th Inf. Co.A
      Morris, William C. GA 46th Inf. Co.G
      Morris, William D. GA 30th Inf. Co.K
      Morris, William F. GA 34th Inf. Co.H Sgt.
      Morris, William F. GA Cobb's Legion Co.B Sgt.
      Morris, William F. GA Inf. 5th Bn. (St.Guards) Co.F Cpl.
      Morris, William H. GA 10th Inf. Co.F
      Morris, William H. GA 22nd Inf. Co.C
      Morris, William H. GA Cav. 20th Bn. Co.C Jr.2nd Lt.
      Morris, William J. GA 21st Inf. Co.A
      Morris, William J. GA 26th Inf. Co.E
      Morris, William J. GA 2nd Inf. 1st Co.B
      Morris, William J. GA 2nd Inf. Co.C Sgt.
      Morris, William J. GA 44th Inf. Co.A
      Morris, William J. GA 4th Res. Co.G Sgt.
      Morris, William J. GA 51st Inf. Co.H
      Morris, William J. GA 57th Inf. Co.F
      Morris, William J. GA Inf. 4th Bn. (St.Guards) Co.A Cpl.
      Morris, William J. GA Lt.Arty. Milledge's Co.
      Morris, William J.D. GA 5th Inf. Co.F
      Morris, William L. GA 30th Inf. Co.K
      Morris, William M. GA 43rd Inf. Co.F 1st Lt.
      Morris, William M. GA 56th Inf. Co.A
      Morris, William P. GA 61st Inf. Co.B
      Morris, William R. GA 42nd Inf. Co.C
      Morris, William S.C. GA Cobb's Legion Co.E Capt.
      Morris, William T. GA 29th Inf. Co.D
      Morris, William T. GA 34th Inf. Co.A Jr.2nd Lt.
      Morris, William T. GA 45th Inf. Co.E

      Weren't some of your ancestors with Cobb's Legion? You have two here:
      Wiliam F and William S.C. Morris.

      Good Luck!
    • dyallon
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6, 2002
        Thanks so much for all your assistance. You have defnitely given me
        LOTS to look in to! I'll let you know what I find out.

        Becky