Company D, 32nd Illinois Infantry

  • mcgearhart79
    Message 1 of 1549 , Dec 19, 2001
      My Third Great Grandfather, John Montgomery
      Gearhart, fought for Company D, of the 32nd Illinois
      Infantry. He was wounded three seperate times in battle. I
      know very little about him, or his battles. His
      brother was Levi Gearhart, who died at Andersonville
      Prison. Both were Union Soldiers. Levi fought for another
      Illinois Infantry. I'm looking for anything on them and on
      their participation in the Civil War. Both were from
      Athensville, Illinois. Any help would be appreciated.
    • gen_garnett1863
      Message 1549 of 1549 , Feb 19, 2002
        Hey Peg, <br><br>Wow. Sounds like you've really
        got your family history down. Do you have any
        pictures or personal effects of your soldier
        ancestors?<br><br>The William Grigsby I found was in the 103rd Illinois
        but was killed in TN. Sort of ironic. I shot a few
        pictures of some of the old graves at the cemetery. I'd be
        happy to email you a copy of William Grigsby's marker.
        (I promise I'm not as dark and morbid as I sound!