John Benjamin Dickerson

  • Scribee
    Message 1 of 1549 , Feb 5, 2001
      Is there any record of John Benjamin Dickerson
      serving in the Civil War? He was born ca 1836 probably in
      that part of Charlotte Co., VA that became Appomattox
      Co., since he appears as a 14 year old in the 1850
      Appomattox census. Thanks.
    • gen_garnett1863
      Message 1549 of 1549 , Feb 19, 2002
        Hey Peg, <br><br>Wow. Sounds like you've really
        got your family history down. Do you have any
        pictures or personal effects of your soldier
        ancestors?<br><br>The William Grigsby I found was in the 103rd Illinois
        but was killed in TN. Sort of ironic. I shot a few
        pictures of some of the old graves at the cemetery. I'd be
        happy to email you a copy of William Grigsby's marker.
        (I promise I'm not as dark and morbid as I sound!