records run-around!

  • prh14thsps
    Message 1 of 1549 , Dec 4, 2000
      has anybody else had the bad luck/runaround from
      the National Archives & Records Administration that
      I've had?<br><br>On June 20,2000, I sent for my
      Great-Grandfathers pension records, (which do exist) put a credit
      card number on it and sent the request in. My big
      mistake, I forgot to put the damn expiration date of my
      American Express card on the form...after 11 weeks (about
      normal time) I received a letter telling me that the
      records were on hand but they needed a card expiration
      date...no problem right?....I put the date on and sent it
      back....that was September 10th...another 12 weeks and still
      no records!!!!<br><br>confusion say: MAKE SURE
      EVERYTHNIG IS SPELLED OUT FOR THESE BUREACRATS...MOST ARE
      PRODUCTS OF PUBLIC EDUCATION!!!
    • gen_garnett1863
      Message 1549 of 1549 , Feb 19, 2002
        Hey Peg, <br><br>Wow. Sounds like you've really
        got your family history down. Do you have any
        pictures or personal effects of your soldier
        ancestors?<br><br>The William Grigsby I found was in the 103rd Illinois
        but was killed in TN. Sort of ironic. I shot a few
        pictures of some of the old graves at the cemetery. I'd be
        happy to email you a copy of William Grigsby's marker.
        (I promise I'm not as dark and morbid as I sound!