In last 7 days
The Civilian Conservation Corps was the most popular 1930s New Deal program of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. By signing up poor young men could work for 6 months in National Parks, state parks, National Forests of other public land doing conservation work. The program was responsible for work such as new trails, new state parks, picnic shelters, fighting forest fires, etc. in every state and territory. Begun in 1933, the program ended in 1942 with over 3 million enrollees. This group is primarily for historians, writers, and other interested individuals to share information, research sources, stories and to keep the story of the CCC alive.
- 20th Century
- Jan 19, 2008
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.
Group Email Addresses