New to the group

  • Daledarcy1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2001
      I'm new to this list. My husband (and son) and I are beginning
      reenactors who primarily do post-civil war here in Texas. I just
      wanted to get in contact with others of like mind.

      My husband is a private in the Calvary here at Fort Concho in San
      Angelo Texas. I do whatever I can during our reenactments...
      primarily, I like to spin wool. I've just started weaving triangular
      shawls (the triangle loom has been around for centuries). I'd be
      interested in any trading... either for skeins of handspun to a
      crochet-er or knitter (I'd like to have a couple of handspun,
      crocheted snoods) or trade a sewn dress (I need another) for a
      handspun, handwoven shawl.

      My husband is also a gunsmith who is quite adept at working with the
      historic rifles and such.

      Our son, Oliver, is 2 1/2 and enjoys "reenacting" period-correct
      temper tantrums from the 19th century!

      Darcy