Re: [civ3_asknsuggest] Civ III C

  • paulcain@huskeralum.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
      I've had it since it arrived from Amazon after my pre-order.

      Overall, I've been very pleased with it.

      The graphics, wonders, advances, etc. have all been improved. I love the new civs.

      BTW, DO NOT BUY PLAY THE WORLD anymore. It's included!

      I won the fourth of nine scenarios last night.

      There are a few glitches.In Mesopotamia, the glitch is that if you try to research beyond the advances listed, the game locks up. None of the later ones are too useful, so on the last advance, lower research to 0% and you'll be fine. Don't worry if you forget. Just quit the program after it locks up, rerun Conquests and load under autosave your newest game.

      I was playing the middle ages scenario when due to my cultural influence, the city of an opponent that had the "relic" worth 10000 points came into my possession. I had to go to war to get the relic within my own city. I couldn't build any military units, but city improvements were fine.

      I'd buy it, especially if you can find it for less than $30.

      Rev. Paul J Cain, Jr.
      paulcain@...

      Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church (LCMS)
      901 Trona Drive
      Green River WY 82935
      (307) 875-2598
      emmanuel@...
      http://www.lutheransonline.com/lo/emmanuel

            <><
      Ephesians 2:8-10
      Has anyone purchased this game? If so could they give their personal
      review? I am considering purchasing it.
      Thank you.

      Robert

      Group website
      http://www.geocities.com/acivgroup/index.html

    • Frank van der Hulst (Staff WG)
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
        Message
        > Overall, I've been very pleased with it.
        >
        > The graphics, wonders, advances, etc. have all been improved. I love the new civs.

        I agree... it's great!

        > BTW, DO NOT BUY PLAY THE WORLD anymore. It's included!

        But was PTW standalone? Conquests is an add-on to Civ3 or PTW.

        There are a few glitches.In Mesopotamia, the glitch is that if you try to research beyond the advances listed, the game locks up. None of the later ones are too useful, so on the last advance, lower research to 0% and you'll be fine. Don't worry if you forget. Just quit the program after it locks up, rerun Conquests and load under autosave your newest game.

        I got through Mesopotamia no problems, but had a lockup near the end (2 moves to go) of the "Rise of Rome" scenario... met witrh Darius of the Persians, and never got back to the game. Needed a reboot of XP. I didn't try a rerun -- I was losing the scenario to Darius anyway. I guess/hope there'll be a patch coming out soon.

        > I'd buy it, especially if you can find it for less than $30.

        Here in New Zealand, it's for sale for NZ$29.90 (about US$20), so I guess it should be available cheaper that US$30.But yes, it's well worth the price.

        Frank

      • paulcain@huskeralum.com