Re: Eating Out

  • Laura Scarbro
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2006
      Here's an alphabetical list I tried to update. Too bad we don't have
      something on the Carlisle web site for dining.

      Amici's - Italian, in Summer street strip mall in Chelmsford. Small, casual
      seating area. Sandwiches, Salads, Wraps, Pasta, Pizza, Entrees.

      Bamboo - Chinese & Japanese food. Great lunch and Sunday night buffet with
      both types of food. On Rt 110 in Westford (At end of 225, turn right).

      Bertucci's - In Chelmsford near Chelmsford square on 110. Very crowded.

      Brothers Pizza - After trying many pizza places, we like this one best. In
      Summer street strip mall in Chelmsford. Pizzas, Calzones, Subs.

      Cafe Ziba - Coffee shop and some baked goods. At intersection of Great Road/27.

      Chili's - In Westford on 110. Also an Applebee's near it.

      Colonial Inn - Nice sit-down place for breakfast or lunch. We've never
      eaten dinner there.

      Concord Teacakes - West Concord. Great bakery but also have sandwiches,
      fruit salads in the refrigerators. Very little room to sit down. In West
      Concord (59 Commonwealth Ave). Also do catering.

      CrossRoads Cafe - Lunch/Dinner casual. Large selection of food. Crowded on
      Weekend nights. On Great Road in Acton.

      Dalya's - Fancy lunch and dinner place. Chef came from somewhere in Boston.
      Their Long Island duck is terrific. In Bedford.

      Ferns - Cold cuts and new sandwich menu. Center of Carlisle.

      Fujiyama - Small Japanese restaurant in Bedford on main road by common.

      Garlic Bistro - Thai food at Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford.

      Great Wall - Chinese restaurant in Bedford. Decent Chinese buffet. In
      Bedford shopping mall with Stop-n-Shop.

      Ichabod's Coffee House & Eatery - Coffee shop, baked goods, breakfasts,
      sandwiches. On Great Road in Acton.

      India Palace - Westford strip mall on 110. We've only ordered take out.

      Lemon Tree - Thai food in same shopping plaza as Whole Foods in Bedford.

      Mambo Grille - Mexican food, Lowell. Small, casual seating.

      Nancy's Airfield - A ways away, but a good place for an interesting
      breakfast, brunch or lunch. Located at the Minute Man Airfield in Stow. If
      going Mother's or Father's Day, you can make reservations.

      Nashoba Brook Bakery - West Concord. They have sandwiches, soup, some other
      hot dishes, baked goods.

      O'Naturals - Salads, Sandwiches, noodle dishes. Cook flat bread in ovens.
      On Great Road, located in shopping center with Trader Joe's and Staples.

      Sakura - Japanese food in Summer street strip mall in Chelmsford.

      Thai Jasmine - Westford strip mall on 110. Have only ordered take-out.

      Vincenzo's - Good, upscale Italian food. Right over the border in
      Chelmsford as you head north out of Carlisle.

      Walden Grille - Downtown Concord. Nice restaurant. Not a fast meal.

      Willow Book Store - Small coffee/bakery place inside bookstore. Located on
      Great Road in strip mall (green sign) between intersection of 27 and
      Strawberry Hill.

    • efieldsyh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21, 2006
        Hi Laura,

        Good idea, thanks for making it so easy.
        I have added dining-out on the Carlisle Community Web Site
        see the What's New section on the main page or go directly to

        htttp://www.carlisle.org/dining-out

        I added a few of my favorites as well.
        Everyone, Anyone please send in your favorites as well.

        Ed Fields
        webmaster

      • Ncpweiss@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19 10:36 AM
          Hi Group -
          In case you haven't tried it, there is a new restaurant in Bedford that we
          have been enjoying called the Fire Box. It is in the small strip mall
          beyond the car wash and across from McDonald's. Casual barbecue -- and they
          have beef ribs -- with a small selection of beer and wines. I have been
          able to get fish dishes or salads with a Mediterranean flare the times we have
          gone.

          There is another place we have found that I think beats (by far) the recent
          meal we had at well-known restaurant in Boston. It is Michael Timothy's
          603 595-9334, 212 Main St., (old) Nashua. Michael Timothy's has a jazz
          bar next door and a pretty good wine list. Dress is "smart casual", and I
          would advise reservations. My only complaint is that the menus are too big
          for the tables. The owners also have a restaurant specializing in beef
          (need reservations), and a casual seafood place, Surf, across the street from
          Michael Timothy's (no reservations unless you are a large group) -- which I
          haven't made it to yet.

          There is a new Mexican restaurant on the "main shopping strip" in Nashua by
          the Pier 1 and Lazy Boy convertibles. Has anyone tried it and can you
          tell me if it is any good?
          - Nancy