Re: [cityinthewoods] Housekeepers? Eating out?

  • Rob West
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 17, 2006
      You all need to find your way onto Main St in Nashua. Nashua also has some
      great holiday street closings (Main St)

      Gibbet Hill Grill on Rt. 40 in Groton is great as well.
    • Dave Schlesinger
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 20, 2006
        Thanks for recommending Lester's. We tried it last night and were very
        pleased. The food was very good, the retro decor was cool, and service
        was good. You order at the counter and grab any seat, and they bring
        your order to you and get you anything you need while you're eating.
        There was a decent amount of seating.

        I had the 3-item BBQ combo with pulled pork, chopped BBQ beef, and hot
        sausage, all of which were very good. The meat was tender and not
        fatty, and the BBQ sauce was very tasty. For sauces, you can choose
        hot, smoky, or (I think) sweet & tangy. I used a mix of the hot and
        smoky sauces. I had the baked beans and cole slaw for sides. The baked
        beans were average (and not hot enough), the slaw was good. The platter
        also comes with cornbread, which was good.

        My wife had the 2-item combo with ribs and pulled pork. The ribs don't
        appear to be baby back, but they're very meaty and my wife liked them.
        She had green beans and slaw for sides. The green beans were overcooked.

        The combo platters were generous without being overwhelming. I was able
        to eat all of mine, my wife took some home.

        The food and setup is comparable to Blue Ribbon BBQ, in West Newton and
        Arlington.

        Lester's web site is at http://www.lestersbbq.com/index.html.

        -- Dave
      • reed_savory
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 23, 2006
          My wife and I recently had our anniversary dinner at "Max Stein's
          American" in Lexington, and I have to say its been a long time since
          either of us has had such an amazing meal in such a well-created setting.

          Truly, I'd say this place is on-par with any of the best in Boston.

          -Reed Savory
          Fern Lane