Re: [cityinthewoods] Housekeepers? Eating out?

  • Rob West
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 17, 2006
      You all need to find your way onto Main St in Nashua. Nashua also has some
      great holiday street closings (Main St)

      Gibbet Hill Grill on Rt. 40 in Groton is great as well.
    • Carolyn Ing
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 18, 2006
        We just went back to a good barbecue place in Burlington, Lester's. It's in
        Burlington on Route 3A where it intersects with Route 62. Good smoky
        barbecue, and their chicken is particularly good. Their side dishes are
        good, too. The restaurant is in what used to be a fast food restaurant, but
        they've done a good job of turning it into a barbecue joint.

        Carolyn Ing
      • Dave Schlesinger
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 20, 2006
          Thanks for recommending Lester's. We tried it last night and were very
          pleased. The food was very good, the retro decor was cool, and service
          was good. You order at the counter and grab any seat, and they bring
          your order to you and get you anything you need while you're eating.
          There was a decent amount of seating.

          I had the 3-item BBQ combo with pulled pork, chopped BBQ beef, and hot
          sausage, all of which were very good. The meat was tender and not
          fatty, and the BBQ sauce was very tasty. For sauces, you can choose
          hot, smoky, or (I think) sweet & tangy. I used a mix of the hot and
          smoky sauces. I had the baked beans and cole slaw for sides. The baked
          beans were average (and not hot enough), the slaw was good. The platter
          also comes with cornbread, which was good.

          My wife had the 2-item combo with ribs and pulled pork. The ribs don't
          appear to be baby back, but they're very meaty and my wife liked them.
          She had green beans and slaw for sides. The green beans were overcooked.

          The combo platters were generous without being overwhelming. I was able
          to eat all of mine, my wife took some home.

          The food and setup is comparable to Blue Ribbon BBQ, in West Newton and
          Arlington.

          Lester's web site is at http://www.lestersbbq.com/index.html.

          -- Dave
        • reed_savory
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 23, 2006
            My wife and I recently had our anniversary dinner at "Max Stein's
            American" in Lexington, and I have to say its been a long time since
            either of us has had such an amazing meal in such a well-created setting.

            Truly, I'd say this place is on-par with any of the best in Boston.

            -Reed Savory
            Fern Lane