5702RE: [citrusmodeling] Re: Color of oil tanks

  • Gary Ray
    Jul 5, 2014

      Hi All,

      I don’t know if this helps, but I did find Texaco tanks in a 1920 photo that were white and based the vertical tanks on that configuration.  Two photos of the model can be found on page 7 of the Sierra Division newsletter:

      Decals were made on an Alps from period lettering, tanks from electrical conduit with rivet decals added.  This was part of a division contest using a Northeastern Scale Models laser kit.  I have 7 more oil distributors to build and have found this discussion most interesting.

      The “Weathering” Yahoo group also had a short discussion starting Jan. 11, 2012, on building a small oil tank.

      Hope someone finds this helpful,

      Gary Ray

      Editor - Short Line - Sierra Div./PCR/NMRA, Magalia, CA

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic