5677Re: [citrusmodeling] Color of oil tanks

  • Bob Chaparro
    Jun 30, 2014
      I seem to recall Shell bulk fuel dealers painted their tanks white...but I do not have any photos to support my memory.
      Bob Chaparro

      On Monday, June 30, 2014 7:48 AM, "kapa@... [citrusmodeling]" <citrusmodeling@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi everybody,

      I'm researching bulk oil dealers for my ATSF Surf Line layout. Many of the horizontal or vertical tanks seemed to be painted a pale grey or silver/aluminium color. Now I have a b/w picture showing a Shell vertical tank. The color of the tank looks darker on the picture than the other tanks from Standard Oil which seem to be silver or pale grey. The words SHELL are painted from top down and the were orange/red if I remember well. They show a bit lighter than the tank.

      Does somebody know what color these tanks were painted?

      Many thanks for your suggestions and or links to color photos (if they exist)

      Alain Kap, MMR
      Saarburg, Germany

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic