CompuServe Is NOT Dead. It's ONLY Dead as an ISP...

  • Bob Ingersoll
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2009

      ... Yes, AOL killed CompuServe as an Internet Service Provider. So you can't use your CompuServe account to access the Internet.

      BUT the CompuServe Forum structure still exists on the AOL servers. Anyone with web access from an ISP such as Earthlink, Roadrunner, Cox, a public or private or hotel WiFi hotspot or any other means used for accessing the internet can still get to CompuServe through its web gateway.

      The URL for the CompuServe Comics and Animation Forum is:

      http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=start&webtag=ws-comics

      I know this works, I go to CompuServe's Comics and Animation Forum and post my Movie Quiz every weekday.

      Yes, I'm STILL doing that a decade later.

      My Quiz is, unfortunately, the about the only regular traffic the Comics and Animation Forum gets. And the only regular players are Dave Stout and Howard Cherniak (sp?)

      But it's STILL there. Come and try it to see if it isn't there.

      Bob Ingersoll