SATURDAY!!! MATTHEW DEAR & MAGDA, KONRAD BLACK & DROOG - CODY LEE & DJ RUFF

  • DJ Cody Lee Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2010
      HEY GUYS - HERE IS THE INFO ON SATURDAY -
      THIS IS ONE AMAZING LINE UP ALL NIGHT LONG!
      I'M PLAYING 4AM IN THE HONEY ROOM SO BE THERE!

      THIS SATURDAY AT AVALON
      ONE HELL OF A F*CKING NIGHT

      Get your advance TIX HERE! THIS IS SURE TO SELL OUT
      http://www.wantickets.com/affiliates/EventDetail.aspx?id=228&e_id=109496

      We're bringing you Some of the most amazing techno DJ's in the word
      MATTHEW DEAR / MAGDA
      with KONRAD BLACK
      and DROOG
      seamlessly transitioning into
      AFTERHOUR POWER!
      With CODY LEE & DJ RUFF

      Cutting her teeth with Hawtin in Detroit, the diminutive Magda has quickly assumed a DJ stature that belies her size. Though minimal may have propelled her to star status, her record box is anything but, taking in eclectic cuts of house, techno, disco and electro. The first lady of Richie Hawtin’s hugely influential M_NUS crew Avaland presents Magda, effervescent, eccentric, elfin, and dedicated to a damn good party.

      One of Avalon’s underground residents Matthew Dear is anything but in the world of dance music. You could throw around generous descriptors and any number of genre-locking terms; electronic pop, minimal house, acid techno. But you'd still fail to get to the center of Matthew Dear. With releases under no fewer than four aliases, including False (M_NUS), Jabberjaw (Perlon), and Audion (Spectral Sound), the Texas native has earned his international status over the course of a decade, getting his bearings on the DJ decks as a teenager to flooring sold-out crowds at venues like Fabric, and releasing universally praised original productions. Pop influenced albums like ‘Leave Luck to Heaven’ sit comfortably on his discography alongside dark warehouse anthems from his chart topping ‘Mouth to Mouth’ as Audion. One of the brightest talents working today in dance music.

      Over the last five years Konrad Black has bubbled to the surface as one of North America’s most bleeding edge dance music talents. His Wagon Repair label has emerged as a global touch point for the very best new and innovative techno music and holds down a quarterly residency at Watergate in Berlin. The Vancouver born Black, who relocated to LA earlier this year, has been turning heads in Europe for several years. His 2005 debut releases on his own highly influential Wagon Repair label, ‘Medusa Smile’ and ‘Draconia’, quickly found themselves in the crates of the world’s top DJs and tastemakers. Ricardo Villalobos, Richie Hawtin, Steve Bug, Loco Dice and Tiga all enthused over his atmospheric twisted bass style, derived from his origins in the drum & bass worlds of Vancouver and London. Since then Black has been a highly sought after re-mixer and producer with his work regularly appearing on the world’s top dance music labels including Get Physical, Crosstown Rebels, M_NUS, Fabric (London), Poker Flat Recordings, Spectral and Cocoon among others.

      WINNER OF URB'S 2009 READER POLL FOR CLUB OF THE YEAR
      40TH ON DJ MAGS TOP 100 CLUBS OF 2009
      #7 ON RESIDENT ADVISORS 2008 CLUB AWARD FOR ATMOSPHERE/VIBE
      LA WEEKLY’S 2007 BEST OF LA "BIG TIME" CLUB NIGHT

      THE WORLDS BEST DJ'S AT HOLLYWOOD'S HOTTEST NIGHTCLUB
      3 ROOMS OF MUSIC WITH MULTIPLE PLUSH VIP AREAS
      ONLY CLUB IN HOLLYWOOD OPEN UNTIL 7AM
      AWARD WINNING SOUND AND LIGHTING DESIGN

      NEW AND IMPROVED VIP BOTTLE SERVICE AREA
      VIP RESERVATIONS - CALL or TEXT (530) AVA-LAND
      OR EMAIL VIP@...

      QUESTIONS: PROMOTIONS@...
      VENUE INFO: 323.462.8900

      DISCOUNTED DOOR PRICE EVERY WEEK BEFORE 11PM

      FACEBOOK.COM/AVALANDHOLLYWOOD
      AVALONHOLLYWOOD.COM

      AVALAND IS PRESENTED IN ASSOCIATION WITH GIANT AND LIQUIFIED

      GIANTCLUB.COM
      LIQUIFIED.COM
      SPUNDAE.COM

      Will Call closes at 1:30am

      IMPORTANT TICKET PURCHASE INFORMATION: Ticket(s) purchased via this website may be claimed at the WILL CALL desk at AVALON only on the night of the event. Please bring the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s) along with a valid PICTURE ID documenting that you and your guest(s) are at least 21 years of age. TICKETS MUST BE CLAIMED BY 11.30PM to guarantee IMMEDIATE ADMISSION. We will hold space for everyone who claims their ticket(s) before 11:30PM. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 11:30PM? After 11.30PM, we can no longer limit capacity for you and we will start admitting general admission guests up to our capacity. If you arrive after AVALON has reached capacity, you will be given PRIORITY ADMISSION. WHAT IS PRIORITY ADMISSION? Once Avalon reaches capacity, those holding ticket(s) will be admitted before those in the general admission or guest list lines, but you must wait for people already admitted to leave the club to reestablish available capacity. WHAT IF TICKETS FOR A SPECIFIC EVENT ARE SOLD OUT? We only sell 50% of our capacity in advance for each event. If you do not have a ticket, we strongly suggest arriving by 10:00PM to ensure entry. NO REFUNDS. All sales are final and you must agree to all the terms as outlined above and in the Terms of Purchase agreement on this form.

      Remember to bring: 21 ID & credit card used to purchase the tickets along with a printed confirmation. You must have the credit card. Tickets cannot be picked up without it.

      Cody Lee Williams
      Spundae Resident
      Facebook.com/codylovesme

      upcoming events:
      May 22nd - Avalon - AfterHour Power w Matthew Dear, DJ Ruff
      May 29th - Avalon - w Roger Sanchez, Carlos Izaguirre, and Fei Fei,
      June 12th Desert Event - Monkey Doo & Crew info the day of
      June 19th - Avalon - *more info coming
      June 26th - Private event - warehouse style