RE: [cinnfp] luteal phase probs/miscarriage ques.

  • Erin Arlinghaus
    Message 1 of 90 , Feb 2, 2005
      >Better to wean than for the mother to develop cancer.

      Ummmm.... Since when does nursing cause cancer? This is an irresponsible thing to suggest, especially because breastfeeding demonstrably prevents breast cancer.

      I await some medical references supporting your position, otherwise I dismiss it as unreasonable fear-mongering.

      Erin
    • Kimberly Guthmann
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 16, 2005
        The easiest solution here would be for her to ask for hormonal replacement,
        not the pill. You can take estrogen and progesterone without it being in
        pill form; although taking the estrogen simulates the pre-ovulatory part of
        the cycle but keeps you from ovulating, so the first thing to try is a
        progesterone only replacement. This will likely solve the particular
        symptoms she is talking about, as long as it is EXTENDED RELEASE (non
        extended release is going to give the same cramping, etc).