Prayer Requests June 1, 2007

  • John Richardson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to:
      <Flabs@...>

      Prayer Requests June 1, 2007
      St Justin, martyr
      http://www.catholic-church.org/martyrum_nostrum/sts_this_week.htm#fri
      June General Intention: That the Lord may protect sailors and all those
      involved in maritime activities.
      June Mission Intention:That the Church in North Africa may bear witness,
      with its presence and its action, to God's love for every individual and
      all people.
      Pray also for Our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI; All Priests & Religious;
      Increase in vocations; Recently deceased and Holy Souls in Purgatory.
      2 Virginia <vmsouthas@...>
      An update on Juliet:
      blog link: http://holdensideas.spaces.live.com/
      Thank you all for your prayers - and thanks to those following Juliet's
      progress on the website. It was heartwarming to hear that so many of you
      were following my updates (via my smartphone, no less!) on the website.
      Her surgery was a success, and she is resting nicely, and is very stable.
      Everyone feels very positive. Hopefully, the will be able to take the
      breathing tube out in 3 days. I just spoke with Juliet's nurse, and she is
      already starting to wake up. H er color is fabulous, and her temperature
      is very good as well.
      There are three key risks, outside of the general recovery concerns.
      * 1.) There is a possibility of arrhythmia (and a remote possibility of
      having a permanent pacemaker)
      * 2.) The lungs have a lot of adjusting to do - they will have to watch
      her closely to be sure that the lungs accommodate the changes
      * 3.) Bleeding, both internal and external
      Again, thanks for all of your help, thoughts and prayers! We're not out of
      the woods yet, but we're getting closer.
      Thomas
      2 Langston <lkerr@...>
      Becky will need a further course of treatment once the present one
      finishes. Please include her husband Jack in your prayers, they celebrate
      their 20 anniversary at the beginning of June.
      1 Joy <jjaacc3@...>
      Please pray for my granddaughter (Autumn) who is soon to give birth to a
      son. She is having some complications. God bless
      1 Mary <sealeymary@...>
      As you may not be aware, Phil McCann's niece, 3 year old Madeleine, is
      still missing from her bedroom in vacation accommodation in Portugal. The
      story seems only being covered in Britain, Eire and Portugal. We don't
      believe that she is in Portugal anymore and need to get her picture and the
      story across Europe as quickly as possible. Prayers and suggestions are
      welcome.
      1 Deb <deborrah.thurston@...>
      Surgery went beautifully, no need for open incision. I've been up & walking
      since 20:00 and have tried to cough up as much stuff out of my lungs as
      possible. God is good! Please keep praying,
      9 Yvonne <yakerina@...>
      Sr. Theresia Margareta Drüggemöller, OCD passed away at the age of 97 on
      May 25th. The requiem Mass and interment takes place on Friday June 1st.
      Sr. T. Margareta was the last of the Cologne Carmelites who personally knew
      Edith Stein and was with her in the Novitiate. It was due Sr. Margareta's
      substantial efforts that the beatification process for St. Edith Stein was
      opened.
      Let us pray for her peaceful repose. May the Light of the Lord shine upon her.
      Let us also pray for the Carmelites of Cologne as they bid farewell to
      their beloved Sister Margareta.
      9 Jane via John <flabs@...>
      Please pray for a good job offer for Jason to happen;
      for Karina, a youngster in drugs to find God in her soul and allow to be
      led; for our forthcoming trip to Europe;
      for peace with a coworker;
      for Ly and Lani as they heal their mother's and grandma's passing on to a
      better life.
      To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to:
      <Flabs@...>
      (Requests will be posted for one week. Please keep them short.)