Fr. Jacques of Jesus

  • Lonnie Sorensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      JMJT
      Born Lucien Bunel on Jan. 29, 1900 and died June 2, 1945

      O God, our Father, in Your infinite goodness,
      You implanted deep within Pere Jacques,
      from his earliest years, an eagerness
      to love You and to love all people
      with his whole heart.

      You endowed him with special gifts
      for the education of youth;
      You chose him to be a priest and
      You called him to the religious life
      as a Carmelite.

      In the inhuman degradation of the concentration camps,
      You made him a living witness of faith and love,
      until he had poured himself out completely.

      O Father, grant us the blessings which we seek
      through the intercession of Pere Jacques.
      And, if it is Your will, make him a saint
      within Your Church.

      We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.