sad news of the death of Mary-Elizabeth Peters, Ph.D., T.O. Carm.

  • Lonnie Sorensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      JMJT
      Dear Everyone,
      Maureen's message did not get through so she asked me to send this.
      Mary-Elizabeth wrote to me on Dec. 27 and told me she had just gotten out of
      the hospital. You will remember she has a beautiful web site for us on St.
      Therese:
      http://saint-therese.com/
      May she and Therese have a joyous time together on Therese's birthday
      tomorrow. Let us pray for our special Mary-Elizabeth. I would like to
      think that the Holy Innocents welcomed her as one of their own.
      Happy Blessed Mother's Feast,
      Lonnie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        At 04:44 PM 1/1/2005, you wrote:

        >JMJT
        >Dear Everyone,
        >Maureen's message did not get through so she asked me to send this.
        >Mary-Elizabeth wrote to me on Dec. 27 and told me she had just gotten out of
        >the hospital. You will remember she has a beautiful web site for us on St.
        >Therese:
        >http://saint-therese.com/
        >May she and Therese have a joyous time together on Therese's birthday
        >tomorrow. Let us pray for our special Mary-Elizabeth. I would like to
        >think that the Holy Innocents welcomed her as one of their own.
        >Happy Blessed Mother's Feast,
        >Lonnie

        One of the saddest days in the entire history of cincarm. Rivaled in my
        eyes only by the departure of Carrie Toth....

        Dearest soul, Mary-Elizabeth, pray for us!

        Mary
      • Deborrah Thurston
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005

          “We seem to give them back to you, Lord, who gave them to us…”  The same is true with M-E… obviously she has a mission in heaven that is far more important than her mission on earth. Even as we pray for the repose of M-E’s soul, let us rejoice at her passing, for she understood the truth of what Therese taught us, that we can only get to heaven through physical death. What a great passage M-E has made before us!

          To quote St Thomas More, I address my request to M-E:

          “Pray for me as I will for thee, that we may merrily meet in heaven.”

          Is there anyone on Cincarm who could write a sort of “circular letter” about M-E’s participation among us so that our more recent arrivals may understand what a vital contributor she was to our little community?

          Deborrah, ocds