Carmelite: Pope Francis on the practice of prayer

  • Deborrah Thurston OCDS
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2013

      On the practice of prayer:

      Look at the face of God, but above all - and this is related to what I said before – know that you are being looked at in turn. The Lord looks at us: He looks at us first. And this is my experience , this is what I experience in front of the Tabernacle when I go to pray in the evening, before the Lord. Sometimes I nod off a little bit, No?, It’s true, because the strains of the day’s work makes you fall asleep. But He understands me. I feel so much comfort when I think that He is looking at me. We think that we have to pray, talk, talk, talk ... No! Just let the Lord gaze at you. When He looks at us, He empowers us and helps us to witness to Him.
      _________
      Pope Francis
      Pentecost Vigil, 18 May 2013

      Deb Thurston ocds