Re: [cincarm] ocd Retreat masters

  • Sandra Malkovsky
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 24, 2013
      Agreed, you often need to make a "reservation" two years in advance.
      Lonnie that sounds like a good approach, writing to the Province.  I often talk with our friars at the Congresses about giving retreats, that is a good place to get to know them and put in a request.

      And to avoid discomfort, I have been told that the stipend should be $200 a day plus $50 for each Mass.
      So a typical weekend retreat is a minimum stipend of $750.

      Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:46 AM
      Subject: RE: [cincarm] ocd Retreat masters

       I need help to get a    list  of OCD men who g ive retreatsÂ…

      .in Louisiana.  I was asked to come up with  a list

       of possible s we could ask to give us a retreat.

      Thanks if you can help

       JMJT

      Dear Gara,

      When I was hunting for possible retreat masters, I asked each Province for names of any of their Friars who would be available.  Often they were booked two years!  We paid their travel cost and a stipend.

      Prayers for your intention,

      Lonnie

    • Gara Anderson
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 24, 2013

        Thank you fo r sendig me this information

        God bles you

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 25, 2013
          And don't forget travel expenses. When I made visitations in our province, I was often telling communities that they really needed to be paying the retreat master more.

          Elizabeth M Korves OCDS
          korvesem@...