Novena to St. Benedicta, Day Two, Aug 1

  • Lonnie Small
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
      JMJT

      It is the same each day.

      Prayer

      Lord, God of our ancestors, you brought Saint Teresa Benedicta to the
      fullness of the science of the cross at the hour of her martyrdom. Fill us
      with that same knowledge; and, through her intercession, allow us always to
      seek after You, the Supreme Truth; and to remain faithful until death to the
      covenant of love ratified in the blood of Your Son for the salvation of all.
      Grant this through Christ Our Lord.

      "Lay all your cares about the future trustingly in God's hands, and let
      yourself be guided by the Lord just like a little child."

      "God is there in these moments of rest and can give us in a single instant
      exactly what we need. Then the rest of the day can take its course, under
      the same effort and strain, perhaps, but in peace. And when night comes,
      and you look back over the day and see how fragmentary everything has been,
      and how much you planned that has gone undone, and all the reasons you have
      to be embarrassed and ashamed: just take everything exactly as it is, put it
      in God's hands and leave it with him. Then you will be able to rest in him
      - really rest - and start the next day as a new life." Edith Stein - Paths
      to Interior Silence
    • Teresa Martinez
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012

        Lonnie – what a beautiful novena you share with us. God reward you !