FW: John Bernard

  • Lonnie Small
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Peter J Richardson
      Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:14 PM

      Dear all,

      I am sorry to report that my father passed away at 3.50am today. The end
      when it came was peaceful, his breathing which was laboured on that last day
      just grew shallower and shallower, and he tried to mouth something and then
      he passed away.

      Eternal rest give unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
      May he rest in peace. Amen.

      Peter
    • Virginia Southas
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
        My prayers are with you and your family, Peter.

        May your father rest in peace.
        Blessed repose and eternal memory.

        Virginia

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
          Dear Peter,

          I'm so sorry for your loss. Your father was a wonderful man and will be
          missed by all of us. Prayers are with you and your family during this
          difficult time. I will have a mass offered for the repose of his soul.

          God bless and console you and your family and grant John eternal peace, joy,
          light and love.
          Betty

          Dear all,

          I am sorry to report that my father passed away at 3.50am today. The end
          when it came was peaceful, his breathing which was laboured on that last day
          just grew shallower and shallower, and he tried to mouth something and then
          he passed away.

          Eternal rest give unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
          May he rest in peace. Amen.

          Peter
        • Mary Lanser
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
            Thank God in His great mercy!

            Eternal rest, John, and in cherished memory

            M.

            --
            From Irenikon
            @ 40 ° 54' 21.5" N,  77 ° 52' 23.3" W

            Tenebrae eum non comprehenderunt. ~John 1:5

            Every scribe instructed in the kingdom of heaven, is like to a man that is a householder, who bringeth forth out of his treasure new things and old.~Matthew 13:52

          • Lisa Marrero
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
              Oh, so sad. What lovely memories I have of meeting him in person briefly with his dear Veronica in New York. I'm happy his last days were peaceful, and I hope for your comfort as I hope for his rest and eternal joy. Goodbye for now, dear Englishman. Who ever will call me "lass" now?

              Lisa

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
                As John would have said, "woof, woof."

                John wrote some time ago, "There are those of us who have no right to be here, in as far as we have no allegiance to either branch of the Carmelite tradition, and we remain here on sufferance, hiding under the table, to collect the scraps that fall."   I've been under the table a long time with him, but I wanted to surface just to share this link with you:
                http://www.cam.net.uk/home/aaa321/home.htm

                It's John's webpage, and if you need some laughter go and enjoy what he has up there.  I don't know if his family knows about it, so can you pass it on to them please, Lonnie?

                God bless, and let us pray for each other,

                Tina

                and if you can spare a prayer, please say one for my family and me
              • Gloria Sanchez-Thomas
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
                  Woof, Woof!  Good one!

                  Gloria A. Sanchez-Thomas

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
                    I'm praying for you and your family. I will offer up my Mass today for your father.

                    Vicki

                    My heart is in his hands. His heart is in my soul.

                    I am sorry to report that my father passed away at 3.50am today. The end
                    when it came was peaceful, his breathing which was laboured on that last day
                    just grew shallower and shallower, and he tried to mouth something and then
                    he passed away.

                    Eternal rest give unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
                    May he rest in peace. Amen.

                    Peter

                    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6847 (20120201) __________

                    http://www.eset.com

                    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6849 (20120202) __________

                    http://www.eset.com
                  • Lisa A.from Massachusetts
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012

                      Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
                      May John and all the souls of the faithfully departed rest in Christ's holy peace.

                      Pax et Bonum!

                      Lisa Alekna, MI
                      FatimaMiracle@...
                      "Lord, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be and becoming that person." - St. Therese of Lisieux