Requests for Prayers, September 1

  • camnetjohn@tesco.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009

      To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to:
      <Flabs@...> and <flabs@...>.

      Requests for Prayers, September 1

      http://www.catholic-church.org/martyrum_nostrum/sts_this_week.htm#tue

      September General Intention: That the word of God may be better known, welcomed and lived as the source of freedom and joy.
      September Mission Intention: That Christians in Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar, who often meet with great difficulties, may not be discourage from announcing the Gospel to their brothers, trusting in the strength of the Holy Spirit.
      Pray also for Our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI; All Priests & Religious;
      Increase in vocations; Recently deceased and Holy Souls in Purgatory.

      6 . . . Millie <Isalysmili@...>
      For little Samuel Gordon Bish, 8, with cancer.

      8 . . . Jan <bordelea@...>
      For my friend's grandmother, Gloria Robertson; it's pretty certain she's got stage 3 lung cancer. Thank you, Jan

      4 . . . Sr Helena <Helraphaelfsp@...>
      Please pray for a documentary on Blessed James Alberione that is underway.
      Blessed Alberione is Founder of the Daughters of St. Paul (media Sisters) and the Pauline Family.

      3 . . . Renato <rsantis00@...>
      My father in law had been diagnosced with terminal lymphatic cancer. My wife wants to visit him, but we lack of the resources for that. Pray brothers, we have said what we want and when we want it. Pray so we may see what His Will is so we can love it and glorify Him .

      3 . . . Deborrah <deborrah.thurston@...>
      In need of your “intensive prayer care” – my low platelet count has worsened; chemotherapy to suppress the immune system begins soon; radiology tests found a mass by my left ear, biopsy 2 Sept; also small vessels in brain and evidence of strokes; Behcet’s disease flares more frequent. Thanks for your compassion and prayers!
      4
      For you medical types out there… the two treatment options that the hematologist is discussing with a colleague are:
      - to remove the spleen
      - to start IV infusion therapy with a drug called rituximab (brand name: Rituxin).
      Both of these options are kinda hard on the body, obviously… so thanks again for your prayers!

      7 . . . Paula < Kauttpm@...>
      Thank you for all of your prayers. Please continue to pray for me and my supportive colleagues regarding the stressful work situation, that it be resolved favourably and that we continue to be given the strength to both see and follow God's will rather than our own (please pray for the same for the relevant decision-makers). Also, please continue to pray for all those whom I promised to pray (particularly special intentions for Doris and Friedrich) as well as for an end to abortion and that atheists everywhere (but especially Graham) open their hearts and minds to God. Thank you

      1 . . . Kathy <kcwd111@...>
      Baby Zoe (for whom we prayed) was born yesterday, weighs 5 lbs., will stay in hospital for some days. Mother is doing well, resting at home.
      Please pray for our new Bishop Richard Stika, in hospital in FL following a mild heart attack and diabetic episode.
      For all those seeking employment. For all the children and teachers going back to school. For the Feist family, whose mother died in June.
      3
      For Ron, that God will heal his deepest wounds as well as his current condition, and that Our Lady of Mt. Carmel will hold his hand as he walks through yet another Valley of darkness.
      For David, as he prepares to become a counselor for children and families in an Army base medical center.
      In thanksgiving for Lisa's courageous witness and faith.
      Please God, help us overcome legalized abortion all over the world, and bring about conversion of hearts, enlightenment of minds in those who don't get it, especially Barack and Michelle Obama.
      Please pray for Kristin Kettel, a sorority sister of Kathryn's (FSU) whose body is full of cancer. She is being treated, is remarkably articulate and honest in her communication and pleas for prayers. A huge milestone this week when (against dr. orders), she walked her daughter into her first day of kindergarten, instead of going to the ER to be admitted for pain management so she could start her next round. Two young children and husband suffering with her. So hard. Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy.
      4
      Special Intention for our daughter Jennifer.
      5
      For Jack, who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and some complications prior to beginning treatment.
      For Kelsey on her 5th birthday, and for her family.
      Bishop Stika is recovering at home; has suffered some impairment in the vision in right eye. Please continue to pray for him.
      For Jennifer and Mary, as they become companions on their AA journey; may God's will be done in each of their lives and their friendship.
      For John, reconciliation with God and himself, the Church and those God has given him to love.
      In thanksgiving for David's job and God's generous provision for him and his family.
      8
      To our Blessed Mother and St. Joseph, for Erin, expecting her second child and just started in a new job. That God's will be done for the good of all. Amen.
      James Vann Johnston, Sr., is back in the hospital with some after-effects of his recent surgery and setback. He is Bishop James Johnston's (Springfield / Cape Girardeau, Missouri Diocese) father. Please pray for Vann and his family.
      For the Cain family whose mother died this morning.
      For the success of the upcoming Eucharistic Congress in Washington, D.C., that all is well and bears good fruit for Catholics in America.

      1 . . . Virginia <vmsouthas@...>
      I just received this from my husband's Church. This family needs your prayers.
      Thanks - Virginia
      This Prayer Request is from Greek Orthodox Church of the Assumption
      Please pray for the Brown Family...
      Please put out your prayers on every chain mail you have..We are flying on a medstar jet in 20 minutes to Spokane because Parker's cancer has returned into his central nervous system and possibly has spread throughout his body..This is not good at all since he is already in the middle of active heavy chemo-therapies...
      We need wisdom in decision making, parenting our other children, keeping our faith, and his pain management..He just asked me if we could go home now and have some crab...His pain last night took a bad twist and he says the room keeps spinning..Please, please pray for Parker, Dakota, and Dylon. Our three boys who need to grow up together with a somewhat "normal" childhood..We have a teenager, a child with ADHD/mild autism/dyslexia and Parker with cancer..
      I guess this is where I completely surrender to accepting help and love wherever it comes...Thanks for following our story and helping us to not go through it alone.

      (Requests will be posted for one week. Please keep them short.)
    • camnetjohn@tesco.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
        To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to:
        <Flabs@...>.

        Requests for Prayers, September 1

        http://www.cam.net.uk/home/aaa321/sph/sts.htm#wed

        September General Intention: That in less developed parts of the world the proclamation of the Word of God may renew people’s hearts, encouraging them to work actively toward authentic social progress.
        September Missionary Intention: That by opening our hearts to love we may put an end to the numerous wars and conflicts which continue to bloody our world.
        Pray also for Our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI; All Priests & Religious; Increase in vocations; Recently deceased and Holy Souls in Purgatory.

        6 . . . Paula <kauttpm@...>
        Please ask God to help all those for whom I promised or intended to pray as well as for my special intentions.

        1 . . . John <flabs@...>
        For my wife Lucy and the rest of our family (and me) as I start chemo on August 26.
        3
        For the repose of the soul of Joan, recently deceased, and for her surviving husband of 65 years.
        7
        For Caroline and her boys as her custody and child support dispute continues.
        For Grace to resist her current problems.
        For Sofi, hospitallised on return from overseas, and still with housing problems.

        6 . . . Nancy <tocnanc@...>
        Please pray for my friends dear and life long friend, Carolann. She has been going through so much! She had a knee replacement . Since that time, because of meds, her kidneys failed twice. both times that situation was corrected. Now she is back in the hospital. She was being treated for an infection and the knee that was operated on started oozing. The surgeon that operated on her is keeping her in the hospital for now. Carolann has gone through a double mastectomy and can not take any chemo....it almost killed her. And now she is having so many problems with this knee replacement operation. Please storm heaven for God's Mercy for Carolann. Please pray for her morale and stamina,and that God will bring her through this. Thank you, prayer warriors.

        2 . . . Kathy <kcwd111@...>
        Urgent prayer request for an American soldier in Afghanistan who stepped on a land mine and is very seriously injured, both legs requiring amputation, and for those who were killed in the same incident, for all their families: please, God, bring good out of all this chaos. Amen.
        3
        For the redemption of a Catholic former Marine suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome, who committed suicide, Darren. Lord, have mercy on him and on those he leaves to mourn his death.
        4
        For Bruce, undergoing surgical treatment for colon cancer ... Lord, have mercy.
        5
        For Fr. Michael, discernment in light of God's will and purposes.

        1 . . . Lisa <mercychaplet@...>
        For my son, Nathaniel - he has started doing some of his community service, he still needs to get the court-ordered evaluation. He does have an appointment for that. Pray he goes. He is doing better. He really needs to find work. We have been doing better at home, things are calmer, but we have both been sick with the flu, and I've been out of work a couple of days. I also have been seeing a doctor and apparently have pretty serious chronic kidney disease. My GFR has dropped down to 30. I apparently have the kidneys of a 90 year old woman.... (I'm 48). The back pain is getting bad too, I hate to complain, but there it is. Thanks so much - Lisa
        6
        Please pray that things work out with my house. Things are so messed up with the mortgage company that I don't know what's going to happen. It seems like the different departments aren't talking to each other, and no one knows what they're doing. They keep talking about the "notes on the account" - but I can't talk to a real person, or just go down there. It's crazy. And very scary. All of a sudden it went from "you got approved for the Making Homes Affordable program" to talking about foreclosure. Overnight. I don't know what's going on. I talked to them Friday, and it was fine. Then Saturday I got this crazy letter in the mail. But it was dated from before I talked to them. So I don't know what's going on. I'm thinking it's a mistake - but trying to convince them of that.... I don't know.... Please pray. It's very scary.

        (Requests will be posted for one week. Please keep them short.)
      • John Richardson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2011
          To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to:
          <Flabs@...>.

          Requests for Prayers, September 1

          September General Intention:  That all teachers may know how to communicate love of the truth and instill authentic moral and spiritual values.
          September Missionary Intention:  That the Christian communities of Asia may proclaim the Gospel with fervor, witnessing to its beauty with the joy of faith.
          Pray also for Our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI; All Priests & Religious; Increase in vocations; Recently deceased and Holy Souls in Purgatory.

          5 . . . Patricia  <patricia421@...>
          For my sister Helen, hospitallised on the other side of the world, and for my daughter-in-law Susan.

          7 . . . Paula  <kauttpm@...>
          Please ask God to help all those for whom I promised or intended to pray and for my special intentions.

          8 . . . Sandra  <sandra@...>
          For our moderator who faces difficult surgery on September 8.

          6 . . . Cindy  <csliger@...>
          Please pray for my daughter, Julie, who will be having surgery tomorrow (Tuesday).  Pray that it will be a smooth and easy surgery and that God will guide the hands of the surgeon and that she will have a quick recovery. Thank you very much!

          1 . . . Kathy  <kcwd111@...>
          For Irene Matthews,  that God will bring much good to her family as she suffers through the tests and treatment and repercussions of cancer.
          2
          Thanks be to God (and St. Joseph) for prayers for Danny.  He was hired a week before his wedding.
          7
          The grandmother of one of our OCDS members fell this afternoon and broke her wrist.  Please pray for Mary,  and for her daughters Jennifer and Julie who are caring for her.
          8
          For Brandon Tiner, injured in an accident,  in critical condition with brain injury.  Please pray for this young man and his family..

          2 . . . John  <Flabs@...>
          For Glen to be clear of the infection preventing replacement of the knee that had to be removed due to it, so a new joint can be safely fitted.
          4
          For D, in need of work.
          For Mel's father, in the RSA recovering slowly from a major stroke.
          And for relatives in Zambia:-
          Jean.
          Grace to resist her problems, and trust in the Lord.
          Helen - long term mental illness.
          John - macular degeneration.
          For Stella to get a good price for the remainder of her maize crop after the fires and subsequent thefts.

          (Requests will be posted for one week. Please keep them short.)

        • Tina
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2014
            To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to
            Tina: billandtina41@... <mailto:billandtina41@...>Requests
            will be posted for one week.Please keep them short.

            Requests for Prayers, September 1

            Mentally disabled.That the mentally disabled may receive the love and
            help they need for a dignified life.

            Service to the poor.That Christians, inspired by the Word of God, may
            serve the poor and suffering.

            Pray also for His Holiness Pope Francis; All Priests & Religious;
            Increase in vocations; Recently deceased
            and Holy Souls in Purgatory.

            1. . . Virginia Southas <vmsouthas@... <mailto:vmsouthas@...>>

            From my colleague Val.Her dad needs prayers.His name is Gene. His lung
            condition is a result of environmental issues….Doc’s are saying probably
            exposure to asbestos, among other things, in his younger years. He has
            been on full-time oxygen since April and unfortunately on the second leg
            of their flight his power outlet wasn’t working which meant no oxygen!
            Took them a little bit to get it squared away, but not before he got
            tingly sensations and almost passed out. He made it to his daughter’s OK
            but then on Sunday decided he should go to the ER because his breathing
            was getting very difficult. Very hard to watch.

            1. . . Lonnie Small <allisgrace@...
            <mailbox://C:/Users/TRIXIE/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/556dd5fm.default/Mail/pop.googlemail.com/allisgrace@...>>

            Please pray for these people.

            Jill, daughter of my friend, is had orthopedic surgery yesterday
            8/25.They broker her leg in two places, put in rods and a device to
            screw and stretch bones??!!Pretty painful stuff for a young woman.

            Jason has a serious lung infection and is not improving.

            Susanne is struggling at government job when other employees are trying
            to force her out.

            Scott has need graces of wisdom, courage, and strength as he begins a
            new life and his consideration of conversion to Catholicism.

            Please continue prayers for Fr. Xavier as he faces terminal
            cancer.Please pray for his family and his orphan children, too.

            2. . . Please pray sincerely for the deliverance of the people of
            Northern Iraq from the terrible advancement of ISIS and its extreme
            Islamic goals for mass conversion or death for Christians across the region.

            2. . . Andrea <andreapkn@... <mailto:andreapkn@...>>

            Please pray for my son Shawn.The need is urgent.

            5. . . Laura Goggins <lauragoggins@...>
            <mailto:lauragoggins@...>

            Please pray my sister Jeanne will get a housing voucher and a good place
            to live.Also, please pray that Julia will be restored to complete
            health, and for my special intention.Thank you!

            6. . . Theresa Thomas, OCDS <theresathomas@...
            <mailto:theresathomas@...>>

            Please pray for the friars at the Oakville House of Prayer, which was
            significantly damaged in the August 24 earthquake.The status of the
            building has not yet been officially designated.The benefit dinnernext
            week will still take place, and provides an excellent means of
            supporting the friars in their present need.Thank you, and God bless all!

            ---
          • Tina
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2015
              Requests for Prayers,  September 1

              Universal: That opportunities for education and employment may increase for all young people.

              Evangelization:  That catechists may give witness by living in a way consistent with the faith they proclaim.

              Pray also for His Holiness Pope Francis; All Priests & Religious;
              Increase in vocations; Recently deceased
              and Holy Souls in Purgatory.

              3. . . Mary Roth marypicot@...

              In gratitude they have ruled out leukemia for Alyssa and at this point are treating it as a virus.
              For Chris and his three children and family. His wife was shot and killed along with the friend she was helping move by the woman's estranged husband who the woman had a court ordered protection against. His parents are very good friends of mine and everyone is devastated. She was a fantastic young lady! +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

              2. . . Deb Thurston dvora072096@...

              Dear Brothers and Sisters, of your charity, please remember Mr & Mrs Kieran G. Altieri, esq. and their unborn child, in your prayers. Mr. & Mrs Altieri (Sara) have recently discovered their child is likely afflicted with a grave genetic defect known as Trisomy-18. Ifthe baby survives and comes to term, the child probably will not survive 12 months. Although their faith is strong, the parents are devastated and begging prayers.

              7. . . Tina billandtina41@...

              Please pray for my mom.  She has cellulitis in her leg again, and her legs are even more swollen.

              Avast logo

            • Christina Kacanowski
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2016

                Requests for Prayers, September 1

                Please send requests privately to Tina billandtina41@...

                Universal: That each may contribute to the common good and to the
                building of a society that places the human person at the center.

                Evangelization: That by participating in the Sacraments and meditating
                on Scripture, Christians may become more aware of their mission to
                evangelize.

                Pray also for His Holiness Pope Francis; All Priests & Religious;
                Increase in vocations; Recently deceased and Holy Souls in Purgatory.

                7. . . Mary Rende m.rende@...

                For Jesus sake please pray for Mufide R and all her dear family
                members living and dead and all her intentions. And Fevziye and
                brothers. God's Will. God Bless.

                For Jesus sake please pray for my father Mehmet for his repentance,
                conversion and baptism before he dies. he is very sick and very old
                and in Turkey where there is no Church and no missionaries. Only with
                your prayers can be possible. The same also for all my family members.
                For Jesus sake please pray for M. Mary R and all her dear family
                members and all her intentions and for my sister Fevziye, for my
                brothers Ali, Serif, Ismail, Tahsin, Faruk, Irfan and for my father
                Mehmet R and all his children and his grand children and and all my
                other dear ones I ought to pray for, for God's will be done.And for
                Bashar and all my dear people for God's will. and for the soul of my
                mother Nedime and all her dear ones living and dead and for the soul
                of Fr Frey. and for conversion of all Alewies. God Bless.

              • Tina
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1

                  Requests for Prayers, September 1

                  Please send requests privately to Tina billandtina41@...

                  Pope's Prayer Intention:

                  Parishes: That our parishes, animated by a missionary spirit, may be places where faith is communicated and charity is seen.
                  Link to the video request: http://www.apostleshipofprayer.org/

                  2. . . Lonnie Small allisgrace@...

                  We all prayed for Joanne, mother of 10, (with newborn) with colon cancer last year.  After surgery and chemo, she went to Lourdes.  Joanne is cancer free and they are removing her port and illeostomy on Monday  Please pray everything starts working again.  ALLELUIA

                  2. . . Shirley S. Russell sh1rlruss@...

                  For my friend, Mary, who is living in  severe pain and has been refused
                  by her insurance company to go to a specialist in a near by state
                  because she is over 60!  Please pray that her insurance company will
                  change their mind.

                  4. . .Part of prayer petition granted for my friend, Mary; Her local hospital works with a nationally known hospital which she might be referred to and be covered!

                  Justice for the average citizen is being mocked at by the courts allowing a well known bank to repossess certain people’s houses even though they are already paid in full or their mortgages are paid up to date!  Mary’s house is paid for and the lawyers for this bank have informed her to decide how much or rather, little will she take for her home before they deny her any payment!  Tomorrow is their deadline for her decision.  This unjust situation will affect many homeowners that the  bank is targeting.  Please pray for justice for Mary.

                  6. . . Tina billandtina41@...

                  Please continue prayers for my parents and niece and nephew.

                  Also, please pray for me as I have a meeting coming up on the 6th with the gas company we have had issues with over the last several years.  I need the wisdom of Solomon.

                  7. . . Laura Miller, OCDS whitewings009@...

                  Please pray for Louis, (Butch) who has stage 4 cancer. Also,
                  Please pray for my brother, John who is in spiritual darkness and away
                  from our Faith.