Requests for prayers January 1

  • John Richardson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to:
      <Flabs@...> and <flabs@...>.

      Requests for prayers January 1
      http://www.catholic-church.org/martyrum_nostrum/sts_this_week.htm#thu
      January General Intention: That the family may become more and more a place
      of training in charity, personal growth, and transmission of the faith.
      January Mission Intention: That the different Christian denominations,
      aware of the need for a new evangelization in this period of profound
      transformations, may be committed to announcing the Good News and moving
      toward the full unity of all Christians in order to offer a more credible
      testimony of the Gospel.
      Pray also for Our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI; All Priests & Religious;
      Increase in vocations; Recently deceased and Holy Souls in Purgatory.
      3 . . . [Petitioner information lost]
      For my godmother Ruth, who is having a spinal fusion on Tuesday 12/30.
      7 . . . <martindale2@...>
      Prayers please for Chris, who suffered a blow to his lip in basketball.
      Had muscle injury and needed 20 stitches. For quick and complete healing.
      Also for Dick who has cancer check-up and cataract surgery soon. Thank you
      and God bless.
      7 . . . Paula <Kauttpm@...>
      Please continue to pray for special intentions for Fritz, for all of the
      beautiful souls on my prayer list as well as for the repose of the all the
      holy souls in purgatory.
      Please continue to pray over my immigration application as well as for me
      as I begin my new job on Monday. Thank you very much and may God bless you.
      3 . . . Deb <deborrah.thurston@...>
      My platelet count has dropped to 61,000; and, the cataracts in both of my
      eyes have developed to such an extent that I now have double vision. My
      eyeglasses are nearly worthless at this point. Please pray that my
      physicians will collaborate so that I may have both cataracts removed very
      soon, and complete a preventive colonoscopy to check for new polyps. May
      God be glorified in my poor prayer and suffering.
      4 . . . Virginia <vmsouthas@...>
      We are asking for your prayers for our daughter Tricia & her baby. She is
      26 1/2 weeks along but due to some faulty cord issues the baby has been
      compromised since the start. Developmentally the baby is about 3 1/2 weeks
      behind so more like a 23 week baby. The doctors knew they would have to
      deliver the baby early & were having Trish come in for daily ultrasounds
      until christmas eve when they realized she has preclampsia which can become
      very dangerous for her as well. The goal of course is to keep the baby in
      as long as possible. Please pray for Tricia's healing & the baby's safe
      delivery. May God's will be done. Thank you, your prayers mean so much. A
      Blessed Christmas to all of you. Alan & Maureen
      7
      I would like to ask for prayers for the repose of the soul of my Uncle
      Leonard who passed away Dec. 29th at 12:26 pm Mountain Standard Time. Also
      for his wife, Lorraine, who is seriously ill as well, and all of their
      family (inc. my father, Waldo- who is Leonard's older brother by 8 years).
      Cindy
      1 . . . Kathy <kcwd111@...>
      Prayers for Judy, my precious "devout Baptist" friend who's recently been
      suffering with colitis and gastritis and they're still looking for what
      else ... . She is trying hard not to let her life become focused on her
      "conditions" and to cooperate with God's grace for her healing and
      wellbeing ... and suffering.
      5
      Please pray for a special intention for our family: reconciliation with
      God in his Church, with ourselves, and with one another, in Christ.
      8
      Please pray for Kelley, a young woman whose vocation is being discerned.
      Please pray that she grows in faith and the art of conversation with God as
      she deals with serious difficulties in the way she had chosen for herself,
      to consider God's will and the alternatives. Thank you.
      For the happy repose of the soul of Martha O'Connor Canfield, and for her
      extended family.
      For young Joseph Barnes, with colorectal cancer, for whom we've prayed
      before. He underwent a long surgical procedure Dec. 30, is participating
      in some research tests for treating the disease; that Our Lord will bring
      something very good to him and to his wife of one year, that they grow in
      their capacity for nuptial love through their shared suffering, sacrifice,
      and togetherness in this time and place set apart from ordinary life.
      For Margaret Mynatt, for healing and wellbeing according to Our Lord's
      gracious will for her and her family.
      For Brian, that he not be so anxious, nor go ahead of grace, but learn to
      rest in our Lord's will for him and his wife, his vocation, and his work.
      To be included in this list, please send prayer requests privately to:
      <Flabs@...>
      (Requests will be posted for one week. Please keep them short.)