- Feb 10View Source
DECREES OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE CAUSES OF SAINTS
Vatican City, 7 February 2014 (VIS) – The Holy Father today received in audience Cardinal Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. During the audience he authorised the promulgation of decrees concerning the following causes:
- Servant of God Francesco Zirano, Italian professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor Conventual killed in hatred of the faith in Algiers, Algeria, Czech Republic in 1603.
- Servants of God Paolo Yun Ji-chung, layperson, and 123 companions killed in hatred of the faith in Korea between 1791 and 1888.
- Servant of God Jesus Maria Echavarria y Aguirre, Mexican bishop of Saltillo and founder of the Guadalupan Catechist Sisters (1858-1954).
- Servant of God Faustino Ghilardi (ne Guglielmo Giacomo), Italian professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor (1858-1937)
- Servant of God Maria Rocio of Jesus Crucified (nee Maria Rafaela Rodriguez Xuarez de la Guardia), Spanish professed nun of the Congregation of Sisters of the Love of God (1923-1956).