Re: [cightml] ?Subject= with HTML Encoder

  • Gary Badger
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      From memory I did this and left the question mark alone, encoding
      everything else but it.

      Cheers,

      Gary
      http://www.garybadger.com/

      Dave wrote:

      >How can I use ?Subject=My Subject with HTML Encoder on the HTML Fix it
      >site? Is this possible?
      >
      >The entire line will look like this
      >
      >a href="mailto:me@...?subject=Re: Salvation"
      >
      >For instance
      >
      >Once encoded I don't see a way to include that portion of code.
      >
      >Thanks
      >Dave
      >

      >To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
      >
      >This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
      >
      >Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
        In the alternative, you can encode the email address without the
        ?subject, and then add that in unencoded at the proper place.

        Something like this using our tool:
        <!-- address coding done at http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-bin/tools/uni.cgi -->
        <a
        href='mailto:test@domain.com?subject=this
        and
        that'>test@domain.com</a>
        <!-- test at domain d0t com -->

        Just look for the '> which is unencoded in the string and insert right
        in front of that. The spiders aren't looking for the ?subject, so that
        doesn't need to be encoded. Out tool is here:
        http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-bin/tools/unicode_email_masking.cgi

        Gary Badger wrote:
        > From memory I did this and left the question mark alone, encoding
        > everything else but it.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Gary
        > http://www.garybadger.com/
        >

        > Dave wrote:
        >

        >>How can I use ?Subject=My Subject with HTML Encoder on the HTML Fix it
        >>site? Is this possible?
        >>
        >>The entire line will look like this
        >>
        >>a href="mailto:me@...?subject=Re: Salvation"
        >>
        >>For instance
        >>
        >>Once encoded I don't see a way to include that portion of code.
        >>
        >>Thanks
        >>Dave
        >>

        >>To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
        >>
        >>This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
        >>
        >>Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com
        >>

        >>Yahoo! Groups Links

        > To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
        >
        > This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
        >
        > Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
          Ok this worked.

          I did not realize there was an end tag '> in the middle of the string
          and was trying it at the end of the entire string at first but it's
          working now.

          Thanks much guys

          dave