different background images with css

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi folks

      I am trying to target several html pages using different background
      images for each.
      I tried it with css but it did not work.

      Here is one example on the css page

      p#home {background-image:
      url('images/commi1.jpg');
      background-repeat: no-repeat;
      background-position:
      top-left;
      background-attachment: fixed;}

      Then on the html page for that image it looks like this

      That tag was placed just under the body tag.

      I only got a red light. i.e no go

      Any help appreciated.

      BTW that body tag on the css works perfectly standalone. And of course I
      switched p#home for body.

      Thanks
      Dave
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
        Hi Lokrin

        Yes I figured it out. Wasn't sure of the tag at the moment. Works fine now.

        Thanks
        Dave

        lokrin@... wrote:

        >Dave wrote:
        >

        >>Hi folks
        >>
        >>I am trying to target several html pages using different background
        >>images for each.
        >>I tried it with css but it did not work.
        >>
        >>Here is one example on the css page
        >>
        >>p#home {background-image:
        >>url('images/commi1.jpg');
        >>background-repeat: no-repeat;
        >>background-position:
        >>top-left;
        >>background-attachment: fixed;}
        >>
        >>Then on the html page for that image it looks like this

        >>That tag was placed just under the body tag.
        >>
        >>I only got a red light. i.e no go
        >>
        >>Any help appreciated.
        >>
        >>BTW that body tag on the css works perfectly standalone. And of course I
        >>switched p#home for body.
        >>
        >>Thanks
        >>Dave
        >>

        >Why the P? Use <body id="home"> And body#home.
        >
        >Other than that, make sure the directory path and the spelling
        >(including any capitalization) is correct.
        >

        >To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
        >
        >This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
        >
        >Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Lokrin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005