bad website design

  • lokrin
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2004
      Ok, here's a website that needs some definite work. Notice how it is
      set up in three columns and both column one and column two scroll.
      Also, this causes the top banner section to not align properly. Plus,
      column three gives an error message most of the times

      http://utilikilts.com

      --
      http://lokrin.net Everyday Trickster

    • Gary Badger
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2004
        Hi Lokrin,

        While it's not a mona lisa it looks OK in Forebird and IE6 @ 1024*768. I don't see the problems you describe, however it would appear to be full of Dreamweaver code........

        Cheers,

        Gary
        http://www.garybadger.com/

        Ok, here's a website that needs some definite work. Notice how it is
        set up in three columns and both column one and column two scroll.
        Also, this causes the top banner section to not align properly. Plus,
        column three gives an error message most of the times

        http://utilikilts.com

        --
        http://lokrin.net Everyday Trickster

        To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:

        This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.

        Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2004
          Looks fine to me as well ... I was a bit worried about the kilt exchange
          program at the start, but after reading up on it, I think it might be
          good clean fun. Maybe you are on a lower resolution or something and
          they figure anyone daring enough to sport a kilt around town will be of
          the more adventuresome brand and thus on a high resolution monitor. Are
          we trying to help fix a problem here for a group member, or is this a
          random site you happened accross? Unless it is the former ... we might
          want to let the thread die.

          > http://utilikilts.com

        • lokrin
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2004
            Maybe it is my resolution. I know I changed it a little while back, but
            not sure what it is.

            Just a site I was looking at, since it is local to me.

            Don Passenger wrote:

            > Looks fine to me as well ... I was a bit worried about the kilt exchange
            > program at the start, but after reading up on it, I think it might be
            > good clean fun. Maybe you are on a lower resolution or something and
            > they figure anyone daring enough to sport a kilt around town will be of
            > the more adventuresome brand and thus on a high resolution monitor. Are
            > we trying to help fix a problem here for a group member, or is this a
            > random site you happened accross? Unless it is the former ... we might
            > want to let the thread die.

          • Corry
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2004
              I looked at it and it views alright on my system but I am using a 1204 X 760 res.

              Corry
              Ok, here's a website that needs some definite work. Notice how it is
              set up in three columns and both column one and column two scroll.
              Also, this causes the top banner section to not align properly. Plus,
              column three gives an error message most of the times

              http://utilikilts.com

              --
              http://lokrin.net Everyday Trickster

              To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:

              This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.

              Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Ed Brown
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2004
                Did you check view + source to see if it is alright?

                Message 7 of 7 , May 4, 2004
                  1024x768 is my current resolution. Anyway, we might as well let the
                  topic drop.