One page check

  • Lee-Ann Olivier
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi!

      I can't believe it's *valid* - yippeedoodaa!!

      Please could you guys take a look at this page and let me know whether it's okay (displaying dots properly, size, font size etc). I will do the other pages once it's ok.

      http://www.virtuallee.biz/expat_testing/index_percentage_notetab.htm

      I've tried to design it to display in an 800 and 1024 resolution.

      Thanks!
      Cheers
      Lee-Ann

      Virtuallee Web Services
      http://www.virtuallee.biz

      +44 (0) 208 748 5611
      +44 (0) 7905 225232

    • dighouse
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        Lee-Ann

        Looks very good viewing in 800x600 IE6 SP1. Excellent design as usual. It
        is very pleasing when you have done your first validation. Wait till you've
        validated all of your Sites as I've now done :-)

        Should not be too difficult once you have done a few pages, the first one is
        the worst!!

        Hazel
        http://www.dogpage.ision.co.uk
        http://www.freemax-associates.co.uk
        http://www.novu.co.uk
        > I can't believe it's *valid* - yippeedoodaa!!
        >
        > Please could you guys take a look at this page and let me know whether
        it's okay (displaying dots properly, size, font size etc). I will do the
        other pages once it's ok.

        > http://www.virtuallee.biz/expat_testing/index_percentage_notetab.htm
        >
        > I've tried to design it to display in an 800 and 1024 resolution.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Cheers
        > Lee-Ann
        >

        > Virtuallee Web Services
        > http://www.virtuallee.biz
        >
        > +44 (0) 208 748 5611
        > +44 (0) 7905 225232

        > To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
        >
        > This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
        >
        > Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com

      • Gary Badger
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Lee-Ann,

          I can't add anything further to Hazel's comments. Looks great in 800 * 600!

          It's a great feeling to get these things validating well, isn't it! I'm in
          the midst of converting all my pages and have 2 local folders with pages
          split between them. One folder has pages that made me really happen when
          they validated (and I still marvel at them), the other folder is full of
          pages that annoy the heck out of me because I haven't yet resolved the
          issues.

          Cheers,

          Gary

          > I can't believe it's *valid* - yippeedoodaa!!
          >
          > Please could you guys take a look at this page and let me know whether
          it's okay (displaying dots properly, size, font size etc). I will do the
          other pages once it's ok.

          > http://www.virtuallee.biz/expat_testing/index_percentage_notetab.htm
          >
          > I've tried to design it to display in an 800 and 1024 resolution.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Cheers
          > Lee-Ann
          >

          > Virtuallee Web Services
          > http://www.virtuallee.biz
          >
          > +44 (0) 208 748 5611
          > +44 (0) 7905 225232

          > To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
          >
          > This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
          >
          > Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com

        • Ed Brown
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
            Looks good to me using IE 6+ , WindowsME and 1024. Lots of white space in
            1024.
            Ed

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
              wish I had your talent for a good looking page!
              looks exceptional on my end
              ie6 with some resolution much higher than 800 x 600
              the only thing I don't like is the black rule at the very top
              because it sets just inside the vertical dots ... for some reason it makes
              me think I am not scrolled all the way to the top

              that problem doesn't exist in opera 6 which adds a slight top margin

              ns7 has the same "defect" as msie 6 with no top border

              Others may disagree, but I think that would look better with a little
              margin above the top line.

              (there the last two lines of this are now on the right email)

              --

              Don Passenger

              If you need an html fix visit
              http://www.htmlfixit.com

              to fix your problems
              > I can't believe it's *valid* - yippeedoodaa!!
              >
              > Please could you guys take a look at this page and let me know whether
              it's okay (displaying dots properly, size, font size etc). I will do the
              other pages once it's ok.

              > http://www.virtuallee.biz/expat_testing/index_percentage_notetab.htm
              >
              > I've tried to design it to display in an 800 and 1024 resolution.
              >
              > Thanks!
              > Cheers
              > Lee-Ann
              >

              > Virtuallee Web Services
              > http://www.virtuallee.biz
              >
              > +44 (0) 208 748 5611
              > +44 (0) 7905 225232

              > To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
              >
              > This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
              >
              > Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com

            • Brian Hill
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
                Hi Lee-Ann,
                Looks visually fine to me...showed up looking crisp, and clean in IE 6.01, and in Mozilla Firebird 0.6 at 1024 X 768. Have you considered putting another black horizontal line the bottom of the dots at bottom of the page, or would that make it look too "boxey"?
                Later,
                Brian

                Lee-Ann Olivier <leeolive@...> wrote:
                Hi!

                I can't believe it's *valid* - yippeedoodaa!!

                Please could you guys take a look at this page and let me know whether it's okay (displaying dots properly, size, font size etc). I will do the other pages once it's ok.

                http://www.virtuallee.biz/expat_testing/index_percentage_notetab.htm

                I've tried to design it to display in an 800 and 1024 resolution.

                Thanks!
                Cheers
                Lee-Ann

                Virtuallee Web Services
                http://www.virtuallee.biz

                +44 (0) 208 748 5611
                +44 (0) 7905 225232

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:

                This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.

                Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com

                oo

              • Terry S.
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2003
                  Looks fantastic, as usual, Lee-Ann!

                  My only (very minor) comments would be:

                  1) in 1024 res you almost can't tell the dots are dots...I'm sure it
                  absolutely looks like solid lines in higher res...consider using
                  browser-specific style sheets (or bigger dots)?

                  2) whitespace is a bit much in 1024 res...would be better if the information
                  was centered.

                  Terry S.
                  Custom-Pro Website Design http://www.tmsdancer.com/custom-pro.com/index.html
                  TMS Dancer...Line Dancing: http://www.tmsdancer.com/index2.html
                  The Obedient Dog: Group Dog Obedience Classes and Private Lessons in Central
                  Massachusetts: http://www.tmsdancer.com/Dog/index.html
                  Search New England Line Dance Resource for Instructors, Halls, DJs,
                  Choreographers, competitions, news etc. at
                  http://www.tmsdancer.com/NELDR_Pg/dancene.html
                  My Websites: http://www.tmsdancer.com