Re: [cightml] STYLE Revisions

  • Gary Badger
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2003
      Ronald,

      Is it possible that the online version of your page is not the latest one
      you uploaded? In other words, could you be making changes to your pages and
      uploading them, but ther new version you look at could in fact be the old
      page in your browsers or server's cache? This is a problem I had a while ago
      with a host that was not refreshing pages in a timely manner (days).

      To check, you can try "View Source" and check the HTML against the changes
      you know you made..

      Just a thought, I could be way off.

      Cheers,

      Gary.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2003
        Nope...

        the style sheet just has the lines that set the styles and that's it...i.e.
        "
        body { background-color:#ccffff; font-face:Georgia; }
        p.1 { color:#ff0000; }
        p.2 { color:#0000ff; }

        "

        Terry S.
        SiteRite Productions Website Design
        http://www.tmsdancer.com/siterite/index.html
        TMS Dancer...Line Dance Instruction in Central Massachusetts:
        http://www.tmsdancer.com/index2.html
        The Obedient Dog: Group Dog Obedience Classes and Private Lessons in Central
        Massachusetts: http://www.tmsdancer.com/Dog/index.html
        Search New England Line Dance Resource for Instructors, Halls, DJs,
        Choreographers, competitions, news etc. at
        http://www.tmsdancer.com/NELDR_Pg/dancene.html
        My Websites: http://www.tmsdancer.com

      • Lokrin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2003
          The style sheet is called by a link that specifies it is a style sheet (rel="stylesheet") and tells what type of stylesheet (type="text/css"). So the actual stylesheet doesn't need anything in it other than the style statements.

          Anyone here use javascript style sheets instead of CSS? I've seen them in a couple of books. They look very similar but have a bit of a different syntax. I'm wondering how well supported they are.