Site Check: BrennanU.com
- Hello all, it seems it has been a while since I have mentioned anything in
the group, but I recently decided to undergo an update to my site. I have
made some fairly major changes and I would appreciate any feedback you
might be able to give me. A few specific issues that I am aware of, and
would love to have some help with:
1. For the the div on the left titled Latest Event Photos, I would like
this to automatically expand the main content div, such that this div is
fully inside the content div. What is the best way to do this?
2. I cannot get the nav bar at the top to be the proper width. I would like
it to be the width of the content div and the header image, but currently
in IE9 it runs over, and in chrome it is too short. FF leaves it just right.
3. Color Scheme: Does anyone have suggestions for the color of the little
overlay on the left of the homepage and the guestbook entries. I have
played around with Adobe's Kuler tool, but I can't find anything that looks
quite right with the bgcolor.
4. I have contemplated doing a random image for the header ie. the text
would be the same but the image would change. Is this a cool idea, or will
it make the site look disjointed?
5. Finally, my current structure has all of the sub pages in folders in the
root of my site (ie brennanu.com/goodguys09). This clutters up my root
directory a little. Would it be better to move all of these to some
subfolders (brennanu.com/goodguysnats/goodguys09) to make it more
organized? Will this mess up my search engine listings (Not that they are
great in the first place)?
Thanks everyone! Any or all suggestions or comments are very much
Old Site: http://www.brennanu.com
New Site: http://new.brennanu.com
CSS covering the nav: http://new.brennanu.com/css/default.css and
Main CSS: <http://goog_1463690289>http://new.brennanu.com/css/mystyle.css
Guestbook Page: http://new.brennanu.com/guestbook/
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]